Thursday, July 9, 2020

What I Learned About Myself by Becoming a Cosmetologist

A cosmetologist’s work is to enhance their client’s appearance. The journey of becoming a cosmetologist starts with Health and Style Institute. This is the place you get to learn the fundamentals of styling, permanent waving, manicuring, makeup and all other skills you need to become a professional. Having worked as a cosmetologist for some years now, I can assure you that it’s enjoyable, rewarding and very fulfilling.

To become a cosmetologist, the States of North Carolina and Georgia require you to enroll for a cosmetology program that takes 1500 clock hours – with the first 300 hours spent in class. After successful completion and a lecturer’s recommendation, you are allowed to proceed to the adaptive stage where you start practicing on guests in the student’s salon. The creative phase test is the last stage where you sit for your final exams. As a licensed cosmetologist, you can now work in the salon and spa industry. I am a practicing cosmetologist, and my journey has been so exciting. I have learned many valuable things that no one ever told me.

1. I Am Very Creative

Generally, cosmetology is an industry that is made of creative minds. From the way you apply makeup on a client’s face to the way you create an elaborate braid, everything is out of creativity. I had no idea that I had such a creative mind until I started my cosmetology program. I was worried if I could master even the basic things a cosmetologist needs to know. To my surprise, at the end of my course, I was that one person who wanted to try every trending style. I even had my own ideas in mind that I wanted to work on.

2. It’s What I Am Cut Out For

Who could have thought that one day I could fall in love with styling hair? I had never even given much attention to my own, let alone someone else’s. Today, when my clients look at themselves in the mirror and smile, my heart melts with joy. I know they are happy with my work and this gives me so much satisfaction. I pride myself in meeting my client’s expectation. If you love to make people smile and enjoy being appreciated, then you should consider becoming a cosmetologist.

3. I Will Make Lifetime Friends

I met my friend Emma a few months into my cosmetology program and this lady has stood by me through all times. Who knows? You, too, could meet lifetime friends at Health and Style Institute as you commence your journey of becoming a cosmetologist. Your noisy classmate could be the person you will be calling every time you feel like the world is falling apart. Of course, making friends will not end here. As a cosmetologist, you interact with so many clients, some of whom may end up being perfect friends too. When you go the extra mile to make your clients feel important and cared for, you truly connect with them and that is what hatches friendship.

4. I Have Freedom

I always knew I wanted a flexible job that could allow me some free time to go about my personal life. Cosmetology careers are quite flexible. Whether you are a barber, hairstylist or esthetician, you can often choose your own hours. I am not forced to adhere to work schedules that I do not like and I’ve always had the freedom to choose where I want to work.

5. No Boredom

If you are that person who finds doing repetitive tasks mundane like me, then cosmetology is a beautiful escape. The beauty industry is among the sectors that are constantly changing. You will always see a new hairstyle, a new way to apply makeup, some modern art on nails and so on. Every day comes with something new to try.

Begin Your Cosmetology Career at Health and Style Institute

Cosmetology is very diverse. You can specialize in many options, such as being a makeup artist, fashion show stylist, nail technician or beauty business consultant. Are you ready to take the first step toward your cosmetology career? Contact Health and Style Institute at 1-844-94-STYLE for more information on our cosmetology programs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment